Imagine you’re in Paris, staying in an historic home in a charming local neighborhood. You’re writing every day in a café or garden, being inspired by the city. You’re meeting published authors and booksellers, coaching with experts, expanding your craft. In your down time, you’re cruising the Seine with a cocktail in your hand, or exploring Paris like a local—shopping the markets, dining in style. It may sound like a dream…but it’s not.
This June 7-13, join me, along with award-winning writer Gabrielle Luthy, for The Paris Writing Retreat—an unforgettable week of writing in the City of Light
Award-winning writer (and my critique partner since forever), Gabrielle Luthy is launching her unique retreat for writers this summer—and I’ll be joining her! Whether you’re working on an existing project, or trying to get one off the ground, we’re here to help you to create a must-read that resonates with your audience long after the last word. With hands-on workshops led by authors and Paris insiders, you’ll develop passionate connections to your characters and your writing.
Plus, daily adventures will inspire—taking you beyond the stereotypes to reveal the diverse cultures of Paris, from classic to contemporary. With itineraries crafted to enchant and inform first-timers and seasoned Paris lovers alike, you’ll be immersed in the sights, sounds, and tastes of the City of Light, with evenings free to write, relax, or explore.
I’ll be leading a workshop, Finding Your Authentic Voice, that will show you how thinking like a brand can create a more compelling read—and a passionate following. You’ll learn how to identify your core theme, position yourself with a unified approach (head shots, website, pitch messaging), and more. I’ll also be on hand for some of the daily adventures, and will show you the wonders of my local neighborhood, where you’ll be staying.
Other highlights include, one-on-one coaching with bestselling author Keris Stainton, a discussion with publisher J’ai Lu‘s head of e-commerce, Benjamine Cornuault on the French market (how books are picked up for translation, what their readers love), on-location writing sessions, and more.
You know what I’m going to say: Do this for you. It’s going to be one of the most fulfilling weeks of your life. And I’d love to be a part of that for you. Gabrielle has put together an amazing itinerary designed to delight and inspire. You will:
Write Your Heart Out
- Daily workshops with themed field trips
- Daily write-ins, in the field, at home, or at a classic Paris café
- One-on-one coaching with our in-residence writer, Keris Stainton
- Work with me to connect to your writing and your audience
- Meet with a local bookseller to discuss the foreign market
Live Like a Local
- Spend 6 days and nights in a beautiful Art Nouveau guest house, in a relaxed, artsy neighborhood
- Meals included: Organic continental breakfasts (6 days), 3 delicious lunches and 2 unforgettable dinners
- Shop at a farmer’s market for group lunch supplies, and enjoy a selection of premium teas, coffee, and snacks in our private kitchen
- Discover charming local shops and restaurants
- Get to know each other over a game of pétanque, followed by a relaxed dinner party
- Finish your writing day near Paris’s famed attractions, with time for sightseeing
- Take tea at the salon that’s made their blends from the Versailles kitchen garden since 1672
- Indulge in a sumptuous cocktail at a luxury hotel bar
- Seine dinner cruise send-off
FOR 10% DISCOUNT use code LISA 10 at checkout. Or email email@example.com and quote code.
Have questions? Visit: pariswritingretreats.com
(Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t post your questions here or email me directly.)