Your Fans are Out There
Want to create a must-read? Think like a brand.
You have great story to tell, but how do you convince agents, publishers, and readers to care? That’s where I come in. Via my method, Finding Your Authentic Voice™, I help writers—at all levels—strategize success the same way brands do: defining the story only you can tell (P.O.V.), the powerful message it delivers (relevance), and why that message must be heard (mission).
Whether it’s your memoir or you’re an entrepreneur writing your first book to establish authority in your field, I can guide you through any and all aspects of the process—from story ideation to proposal to promotion:
GETTING YOUR IDEA OFF THE GROUND
- Understanding publishing 101: The process and ways of getting your book published
- Working through what blocks you: understanding the root causes
- Ideating your book using brainstorming techniques to flush out concepts
- Forming your ideas into an actionable writing “roadmap”
- Sketching out a down-and-dirty short draft
CRAFTING A COMPELLING READ
- Identifying your story’s focus: the core theme and ideal reader
- Building a compelling story outline, structure
- Critiquing and editing your MS with an eye for improving your craft: writing technique, story construct, clarity, pacing and flow, character development and dialogue (if applicable)
PACKAGING YOUR PRODUCT
- Brainstorming book titles that speak to your theme and audience
- Capturing the perfect book synopsis and elevator pitch
- Defining positioning and marketing language for your communications, Website
- Creating your image: advising you on your writer’s bio and headshot (yes, it matters), Website design and other visual promotions
SELLING YOUR STORY
- Developing a powerful proposal or query letter
- Strategizing your marketing and promotion plan
- Establishing the most engaging themes for your speaking engagements, book talks, and press releases
- Coaching your presenting style for lectures, readings, and media interviews
I want you to succeed. As a published author who also has a background in marketing and creative direction, I have a unique approach to the writing process: an innate understanding of what makes a story—and your pitch—memorable and marketable. Even if you’ve never written before, I can help make your book a reality. Right now.
Are you a public speaker? I can help you, too, via the same method. Contact me.
COACH WITH ME AND LET’S FIND YOUR AUTHENTIC VOICE!
Contact me to set up a free consultation. We’ll discuss your specific needs and create your customized coaching plan.